NORD IN AUSTRALIA – DRAWING COMPETITION
OPEN TO ARCHITECTS, GRADUATES AND STUDENTS OF ARCHITECTURE
Win a trip for 2 to Sydney!
Including tickets to a special lecture by NORD Architects, Copenhagen, Denmark
‘Architecture as Collective Impact’
Utzon Room, Sydney Opera House, Monday 30 March, 6.30pm.
To celebrate NORD’s arrival in Australia as 2015 Droga Architect Residents the Australian Institute of Architects Foundation invites you to sketch your ideas – and enter the competition to win a trip to Sydney.
The prize include tickets to the only joint Australian lecture presented by partners in NORD partners, Johannes Molander Pedersen and Morten Rask Gregersen.
The Utzon Room as an inspiring space and the only room in the Sydney Opera House with interiors designed by Jørn Utzon, was also selected as the most appropriate venue in honour of Jahn Utzon’s role as International Ambassador to the Foundation.
The winner also receives:
- Return air fares to Sydney (if required)
- A luxury night of accommodation in a deluxe king pier view suite at Blue Hotel
- Dinner for two (value $300) at Otto Ristorante, Woolloomooloo Wharf
The Competition Theme: NORD in Australia.
We invite you to submit a conceptual drawing (hand-drawn or digital) of Australia’s architectural relationship to Denmark, to celebrate the NORD visit as part of the Foundation’s architect residency program.
The competition will be:
- Email a drawing or sketch, hand drawn or digital, in PDF format.
- Maximum size of original drawing (maximum A3 original) in either portrait or landscape format.
- Judging will be on the ideas and artistic merit in the submitted work.
The judges will be:
- Edmund Capon, Chair of the Australian Institute of Architects Foundation
- Shaun Carter, President of the Institute’s NSW Chapter.
The winning entry and the runner up, will be framed and hung in the Durbach Block designed award winning warehouse apartment which is home to the architect residency program.
ENTRIES CLOSE 5pm, 12 MARCH 2015
Competition winners to be announced on 16 MARCH 2015 in the Institute’s E News
Note: Submit your drawing by email, in a PDF (maximum size 3Mb ) to email@example.com by the closing date (12 March, 2015) Please take a screen shot of your payment confirmation, and include that with your PDF attachment, and include your contact details.
Please read the competition Terms and Conditions
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org